Watch the video about making your video
Get your performance ready to send in!
Remember: The deadline for submitting your entry is November 30, 2008.
To download the audio file for your competition music, "The Machines" click here: The Machines - Mp3
To download the Wind Score for "The Machines" click here: Wind Score - pdf
Contestant's performance videos will be accepted through November 30th, 2008. These will be reviewed and a maximum of 20 Finalists will be selected and announced on December 10th. A panel of three qualified drum major judges will evaluate these and determine the Top 10 competitors. All will be listed on OnlineDrumMajor.com. The Top 5 performance videos will be featured on the site.
The Top 3 contestants will also receive:
Final results will be announced on OnlineDrumMajor.com on December 20th, 2008
1. There is no entry fee.
2. Any student currently enrolled in high school may enter. You do not have to be the drum major of your band to participate.
3. Each contestant must e-mail his or her entry information along with a video of his or her performance to UDMCC@onlinedrummajor.com. The video must be in one of these following formats: .WMV, .AVI, .MOV, and .MPG. You may get the best results from converting your file to MPEG4 video with MP3 audio.
The video must include the contestant doing the following:
- Calling the band/corps to attention, dress center dress, and ready front.
The video should be filmed from the viewpoint of the band/corps, as they would perform the show. We should see what the band would see as you conduct.
4. All entries must be sent by 11:59 p.m. November 30th, 2008. All entries sent after that time will be disregarded.
5. Entry e-mail must include
- Your Name
The video file must include the contestant's name in the follow format: FirstNameLastName (example: JoeSmith.mov)
6. Contestants may only submit one performance
7. Contestants agree that by submitting their video performance, they are granting OnlineDrumMajor.com the rights to use and distribute that video for OnlineDrumMajor.com's purposes and that their video may be broadcast on the internet.
8. The judge's decisions are final.
*Special thanks to event co-sponsor Gary P. Gilroy Publications for allowing the use of their music. Learn more about them at www.gpgmusic.com